Who doesn't need a little tip every now and then? Being a social media & digital brand consultant, I see so many simple things bloggers, businesses and brands can do to make their social media so much more effective. Today I wanted to share 10 of those tips with everyone!
Check them out after the jump!
1. RESTAURANTS: Put your twitter handle (@yourbizhere) on your menu! That's where people are sitting enjoying your food & beverages, so make it easy for them to take a photo of your delicious food, then quickly tweet it with your twitter handle without them having to look it up on twitter first.
2. MAGAZINES: Put your twitter handle (@yourmaghere) next to your page numbers. This way when your readers are at the pool reading your magazine, they can easily tweet about it. Also come up with a hashtag (#featurearticle) for your hot columns and feature articles, and put it under the title of the article. This way readers can tweet something about that particular article.
3. BLOGGERS: Create hashtags (#mycoolcolumn) for your original columns. And make sure to mention that hashtag in your post.
4. BRANDS & BUSINESSES: Don't tweet like a business — tweet like a person. People want to know the personality behind a business, so have one!
5. EVERYONE: Make sure your twitter handle and Instagram name are the same. For example, both of mine are @megbiram. If you are worried about changing your twitter handle, don't be. I've changed mine twice. You just need to make sure to mention it a few times.
6. EVERYONE: Twitter engagement is high on the weekends, so don't neglect tweeting on Saturday and Sunday! Read about weekend twitter engagement here.
7. INSTAGRAM USERS: Make your photos interesting and unique. Show a variety of your interests in your photos.
8. EVERYONE: For every tweet about you or promoting yourself, tweet at least 2 other things about others or not promoting yourself. Tweet karma people!
9. ALL WEBSITES & BLOGS: Make sure your links to your social media are obvious and prominent on your website, not hidden in your Contact page. Don't make it hard for people to find your links and follow you.
10. ALL SOCIAL MEDIA USERS: Don't be mean, and be yourself.
Did you learn anything?
If you have any tips to add, write them in the comments, I'd love to hear them!
Or tweet them to me @megbiram.
Image above by Meg Biram, of this painting.