Let's be real, not very many of us have fully furnished and decorated homes to our ultimate personal taste — I still have the couch I picked out at 23... not cool. I know my place is a major work-in-progress and I'm sure many of yours are too. It's expensive to acquire all of the items you love, and it takes time to collect these items and put them all together for a photoshoot-ready space. But that doesn't mean we all don't have a few sweet spots around our spaces, right? Those places where you are like, yep I can do this. The spots around your home that give you hope that one day, every room in your home will look and feel like that little sweet spot.
My little sweet spot above is on my bookshelf. A few of my favorite books, with a vase from west elm and a frame I recently got from Minty. The image of the piano is an old photo that I believe my mom took. I played piano for ten years back in the day and have been dying to get one of my own and start playing again, so this old photo for some reason is special to me.
So what does this mean? I want you to submit your sweet spots to me to potentially be published right here. Get the details after the jump!
You don't have to have a blog, or a fully decorated home, just a few sweet spots. If you read M+M you know the modern/glam/boho/chic/collected aesthetic around here, so please keep that in mind when submitting your photos.
* Style and aesthetic
* Photo quality! You can submit instagram images (like above) if they rock.
* Email mimiandmeg (at) gmail (dot) com with the words SWEET SPOT in the subject line.
* Include a minimum of 3, but no more than 6 images. For large images, please zip or compress them.
* Describe why you like the spots, where in your home this spot is, and where you got the items (if you know). For example, from the photo above: I'd want to know where the vase is from, where the frame is from, and the story behind the photo in the frame. I can obviously tell what the books are.
* Your name, email, blog/website if you have one, and who took the photos (although I'm assuming it is you)
If I will be publishing your Sweet Spots, I will specifically let you know.