Last week I announced a new series called Sweet Spot, where you can submit photos from your home — your sweet spots — to me to potentially be published in this column. I've had a great response and am loving taking a peek into your homes. The first Sweet Spot is from Chelsea of Lovely Indeed. Chelsea is a singer and actor, who recently relocated from NYC to LA — quite a move! For more details about how to submit your photos for Sweet Spot, see the bottom of this post.
See the rest of Chelsea's Sweet Spots after the break!
"Mr. Lovely rescued this little settee from a friend's basement and recovered it in midnight blue velvet. The tiny booze trolley next to it was another DIY project; I found the cart at a dollar store and made chevron contact paper for it. And the wall behind the sofa is full of our favorite pieces, framed — wedding photos, gifts to each other, and the like. I love this living room spot."
"My inspiration board hangs by my desk and houses little bits and pieces of things that I come across and love. Right now, it's got a handmade paper garland, and a sweet business card from Danni of Oh, Hello Friend."
"Our little Jonathan Adler elephant keeps watch over us on the coffee table. He likes to sit next to that candle from Anthropologie, and they both hang out on top of our favorite design books."
"Our bathroom is simple and clean. I found a pattern for this rag knit bathmat and made one for us. Our DIY projects are everywhere and tend to reflect our aesthetic — a little modern, a little bohemian, and a lot comfortable."
Photos by Chelsea Costa
Want to submit your Sweet Spot (or spots)?
You don't have to have a blog, or a fully decorated home, just a few sweet spots. If you read M+M you know the modern/glam/boho/chic/collected aesthetic around here, so please keep that in mind when submitting your photos.
* Style and aesthetic
* Photo quality! You can submit instagram images (like above) if they rock.
* Email mimiandmeg (at) gmail (dot) com with the words SWEET SPOT in the subject line.
* Include a minimum of 3, but no more than 6 images. For large images, please zip or compress them.
* In a few sentences, describe why you like the spots, where in your home this spot is, and where you got the items (if you know).
* Your name, email, blog/website if you have one, and who took the photos (although I'm assuming it is you)
If I will be publishing your Sweet Spots, I will specifically let you know.