I could do 17,264 posts on coffee tables, but these are just a glimpse into some of my favorites right now. I'm looking for a a table that is either chrome or brass/gold with glass or lucite. Marble also grabs my attention, but I'm not sure white marble would work with my rug. I think I'd prefer a double-decker for book purposes, maybe like this one, but am not married to that idea. I'm being very particular about it because I hated the last one I picked out and ended up with for three years.
1. This perforated table by Kelly Wearstler isn't actually a coffee table, but if it was I'd cut off a limb for it.
2. I love love love this oval number, but since my rug has a diamond pattern, I think the triangles might be a little much. But I can't stop looking at this table...
3. This glorious sculptural guy was on One Kings Lane. I love vintage tables like this. Simple yet interesting.
4. This nearly invisible coffee table seems like a no brainer. I'm looking for something rectangular though, and I think I want a little chrome or gold in mine. But it's still a beauty.
5. I'm contemplating whether this uber-affordable linear coffee table would work with my rug. Is that too many lines going on? I'm thinking it is.
6. The classic table at Williams-Sonoma Home adds a little interest with the wheels but could stand the test of time.